If you are a HIC Member and have practical, learning or teaching experience in climate justice or social production of habitat (SPH), please apply to join a group of facilitators for the co-learning spaces on Climate Justice and SPH.
What is a co-learning space?
Co-learning spaces are cross-regional, multi-session encounters that support HIC Members and Allies to prioritize, strategize, learn and advocate together on human rights related to habitat. Each co-learning space is open to all HIC Members, Friends and allies and will involve four live, online sessions and parallel activities in October and November 2023. By drawing on emancipatory learning practices, each co-learning space is facilitated by HIC Members with the support of HIC regional and thematic structures.
Role of the facilitators
Co-Learning Space facilitators will be part of one of two cross-regional teams of 6 people (2 from Africa, 2 from MENA and 2 from Latin America) that will plan, implement and help in the follow-up of four Co-Learning Space sessions each on Climate Justice and Social Production of Habitat. Facilitators will contribute their respective experience in climate justice and social production of habitat (SPH) and their specific regional perspective in the organization and development of the HIC Co-Learning Spaces and corresponding strategic action plans.
Facilitators will collaborate closely with HIC Learning Officers from the General Secretariat, HIC-AL and HLRN and the Coordinators of Africa, MENA, Latin America, HLRN, the General Secretary and HIC President during the five stages of the Co-Learning process: preparation, planning, implementation, post-implementation and follow-up.
- Participate actively in all preparatory activities by attending online meetings, replying to communications promptly and providing constructive feedback on documents.
- Contribute thematic input and regional perspectives during the preparatory, planning, implementation and follow-up stages.
- Contribute to the identification of learning objectives, develop the content outline of each Co-Learning space session, and develop an attractive invitation.
- Co-facilitate the four Co-Learning Space sessions and actively participate in cross-regional dialogue and strategic discussions during and after the sessions.
- Offer lessons learnt and support the consolidation of knowledge and resources shared during and after the Co-Learning Space sessions.
Interested individuals who are part of HIC Member organizations are asked to submit a:
- Motivation letter
- Brief CV
- Endorsement by the head of the respective HIC Member organization
Please send these documents with “Facilitator for co-learning space on Climate Justice” or “Facilitator for co-learning space on SPH” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 7 April 2023.
If you are interested in applying, please consult the Terms of Reference (below) for further details on these positions.
Social Production of Habitat:
• Climate change
• Environment (Sustainable)
• Social Production of Habitat